Sunday 28 February 2016

Happiness at the bottom of the garden....


Hello my lovelies...

Only one day left of February 2016
Am I happy or sad???



Well I have to say that February always brings hers challenges...cold, greyness, gloom, frost
and more cold...


For this ol Fen bird living with Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis and 
Raynaud's my poor little stitchy fingers really do suffer dreadfully....

BUT

February also brings hope... hope that warmer days are on their way soon...

My flowers are ready to start doodling all over my garden again and bring
the outside alive with the promise that lighter days are definitely on the agenda!
Soon the country patchwork will bloom also....


Every where there is new life beginning to set down roots...even if it is in the wrong place...
This is my little basket of what was a gorgeous array of pansies but the foxgloves have decided they are moving in!


I'm a firm believer in letting Mother Nature decide most of my garden design.
She knows what works best with the soil, looks best in the right place with the right neighbours.
if you put your trust in her she will happily guide you....

I'm always amused at how much we all spend in Garden Centres trying to paint our own pictures
Man has always decided he knows best and often spends a whole lifetime arguing with her, trying to stamp his own designs on a landscape and yet Mother Nature will  always win the argument; however long it takes!

So to celebrate the dawning of Springtime I have spent this afternoon 
baking special treats for my visitors...
Hope they like this year's recipe!



I was lucky enough to spend some time capturing some fab little gems with my camera before the weather turned chilly.
I love the reflections hiding in my glass baubles hanging on my cherry tree...


So after a fab afternoon I've refreshed my Fen roots with a little weeding therapy
and oh boy has it made such a difference being able to work outside finally.
Am I the only one who finds happiness at the bottom of my garden with a bucket
of  weedy stems?


Just need to chat with the fairies before I go and warm my toes by the fire...



Toodle-ooh for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by today and leaving a little message
I love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your fabulous snippets that make me smile....

Tilly x