Monday 6 April 2015

Painting the Fens....




Do you ever just doodle?

You know.... the old fashioned way of ink on paper?

No? maybe it's just me then!
I can sit for hours just doodling(if given the time that is!)
I get an idea in my head and away I go....

As many of you may know I'm a Fen bird through and through...
I can trace my family history back to the early 1700's here in the Cambridgeshire Fens.
i'm very proud of my heritage and feel a great connection with the Fens

Lately I have tried to include some of this history into my designs...


This weekend I decided to design a needle-felted interpretation of the Fens
with a selection of wool rovings...


I started with my doodles as inspiration...









Then simply played.....for hours on end!


The end result was a misty bog filled full of reeds and water violets...




I've still to hand embroider on top with some of the intricate detail and add some more embellishments but so far I'm really pleased!


I can't wait to really get creative now with the wool rovings...
Until now I've only made small projects that I use for accessorizing my bags, jackets or other projects  and they all have been fluffy designs as I love the pre-felted look
but think I've finally found my niche in this craft.









I will share more pics as I create my designs.
It's a breath of fresh air from using fabrics and trims etc and my heart will always 
lie with sewing and embroidering but for now I'm enjoying
taking a small break away.
Continually sewing for TV demo's has sometimes dampened my urge to use my sewing machine (not for too long though!)

All I now need to decided is what to design next...


have a lovely week my lovelies....
Toodle-ooh for now :)

Tilly 
x x x










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by today and leaving a little message
I love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your fabulous snippets that make me smile....

Tilly x