Thursday 29 October 2015

Tilly's Remembrance Poppy Corsage - FREE PATTERN


Hello my lovelies!
how are you all?

It's that time of year again when we all start to turn our thoughts to those brave souls who gave so much for our country in a variety of ways....

Today I am giving you the chance to crochet your own Poppy corsage to wear with pride and show your support for the many men and women who did so much...

I am very proud to say that this is my first pattern that I have designed and written and am so pleased to be able to offer it in support of such a good cause.

The pattern is suitable for all abilities.
If you are unsure of any of the stitches there are loads of videos on Youtube that you can view to help you .
I am hoping to be able to offer my own tutorials soon so watch out for those to!

Tilly’s 'Remembrance' Poppy Corasge


Requirements – oddments of black (A) & red (B) chunky yarn,
                         5.5 mm hook
                         black button
                          brooch pin

Abbreviations
Ch – chain
Dc – double crochet
Tr – treble
Dtr – double treble
Ss – slip stitch

Foundation Row
Using A, ch 5.
Join with a ss to form a ring

Row 1
Ch 2 (counts as first dc), 11 dc into ring
Join with a ss to top of second chain to join circle
Fasten off A. Join B

Row 2
Work into first dc space - Ch 1 (counts as first dc), 1tr, 1dtr
Work into second dc space – 5 dtr
Work into third dc space – 5 dtr
Work into fourth dc space – 1dtr, 1tr, 1dc
Repeat this sequence twice in the remaining 8 dc to create the last two petals.
Fasten off.
Sew in any ends of yarn and add your button.
Sew a brooch pin on the reverse of your poppy to attach your corsage.

I hope you enjoy making my little poppy corsage as much as I have designing it.
My only request is to please pop a small donation into the collecting tins of the poppy sellers that we see on our high streets to support our servicemen and women. It is such a valuable cause.

If you would rather donate online and support The Royal British Legion, you can do so here by simply clicking on the link

I would love to hear from any of you who use the pattern and maybe send in any pics of your poppies so I can share with everyone on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/tillysvintageworkshop/


We owe so much to so few...
Please do show your support by wearing your poppy with pride

Many thanks

Tilly
x x x










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by today and leaving a little message
I love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your fabulous snippets that make me smile....

Tilly x