Tuesday 21 June 2016

A Spoonful Of Sugar...


hello my lovelies...

Gosh I have so missed saying hi to you all!

Time always seems to propel faster when I want it to slow down...

Lately I have tried to regularly take a few hours out when I have got some spare time to talk with Mother Nature
and fill my sketchbooks with a few doodles...



Coming from the Fens of open land and vast skies I get the urge to reconnect with Mother Earth.
A day doodling is like taking a spoon of medicine when my soul is weary.

I always use my doodles as my inspiration when designing.

I've come to the conclusion that I was definitely born in the wrong era!
I should've been an Edwardian lady who meambled down the lanes capturing Mother Nature's
gems with my camera and notebook.
But hey... I can still be that lady just wearing my jeans and T-shirts!

I daydream all the time whilst on my walks
Something I was always getting in trouble for as a child...
I would make up stories in my head whilst walking of  animals meeting flowers, visiting different scenes.
Often I would write about them and my dream of becoming a writer has never waned... who knows one day...

Every little snippet of gorgeousness seems to capture my soul.



I'm an avid reader of all kinds of books but I especially love
the old ones (of course I hear you all say!)
Lately I have been building up my collection of Flora & Fauna...




So how do I use them when designing?
Well you may well ask the question but sadly I never have the answer 
My work is very organic and just evolves by itself...a little like a sourdough bread.
it has a life of it's own...

I start designing with thread, add in a little slow stitching and gradually add layers of texture and colour over a number of days, sometimes months or even days if I re-visit a design I find stashed away in a safe place every now and then!

Here's some of my work of late...




I never thought I would ever be lucky enough to indulge in a way of life that I hold so dear in  my heart and get paid to do it...

What ever form of crafting you lovelies indulge in, allow it to immerse itself around you like a great big hug.
Crafting is the best type of therapy needed for our minds to keep us on an even keel
in our busy society.

Indulge...
Inhale...
be still...

Enjoy.

Till the next time my lovelies...
Toodle-ooh for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by today and leaving a little message
I love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your fabulous snippets that make me smile....

Tilly x