Sunday 13 March 2016

Holding Hands....



Hello my lovelies...

how are we all?

My weekends wouldn't be the same if I didn't say hello...
I do love hearing from you all on here. 
Since I started blogging back in 2007 I have made SO many crafty friends
and I always love hearing your comments...


Us crafty folk are such happy peeps don't you think?
We love sharing our skills, our knowledge and our creative projects.

The blogging community is vast these days; so different from when I began writing my little ramblings all that time ago and yet it is still a happy family unit.



I know many of you enjoy the inspiration I share on here so knew you will also like to know about this fun idea of sharing a little love amongst fellow bloggers....





Each month at Me, You and Magoo there is a link with other bloggers to see their work in progress.
You can read all about the idea HERE

So, having decided to join in with the party I thought I would share some of my slow stitching 
this month...

Away from the cameras. away from the hustle & bustle of teaching or even away from
the nine to five of daily toil I adore being left alone with a basket of threads.


They always soothe my soul...


I get to paint with colour and texture using my doodles as inspiration.


I call it slow stitching simply because that is what is it...
nothing is rushed.
It is simply about being in the moment and enjoying the process of holding the needle and thread between your fingers; watching the stitches perform their dance in front of you and indulge in a little 'me time'.
For centuries women have held a connection with cloth and thread this way and in our modern society of hum drum business we seem to be losing that connection a little.



I am working on a design for a book cover at the moment with this beauty as my starting point...
I want to cover a boring old plain notebook that nestles in my bag everywhere I go to capture a doodle here and there on my travels.


Maybe by next month's link I will have decided how to include it into my design!
Watch this space....

In the meantime do pop over and say hello with my blog link and tell them I said Hi!

Toodle-ooh for now...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by today and leaving a little message
I love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your fabulous snippets that make me smile....

Tilly x