Monday 5 October 2015

Yarndale - A Beautiful Rainbow of Colour....


Hello lovelies!

I hope you all enjoyed my first post on Yarndale...
I was absolutely over the moon to receive a lovely comment from Lucy Attic 24, one of the organisers!!!

As promised here is another glimpse at the riot of colour therapy on offer last weekend in Skipton.

Flowers for Memories...
Viewers were invited to send in crocheted or knitted flowers of all colours, shapes and sizes to be transformed into a beautiful rainbow wall of colour by the organisers of Yarndale in support of supporting a charity very close to my heart.
The idea originated from artist Sheila Metcalfe to raise awareness and funds for The Alzheimer's Society.
You can find out more details about the project HERE on Yarndale's website.

Like so many other people, I was absolutely stunned at the amazing piece of art that was put together using all of these beautiful blooms....
I say art because in my mind that is exactly what it was..
..not just a board of yarn flowers but a work of art lovingly sourced, designed and made, assembled and displayed by people who feel passionate enough to help in a very tiny way to support this dreadful illness.

Anyone wishing to have their photos taken against the gorgeous backdrop during the weekend were asked for a small donation to help with the funds and at the end of the event Sheila had raised an amazing £1811.80 for the charity.

Well done Yarndalers for supporting Sheila in her quest...amazing!
I absoltely adore the fact that from one small idea one HUGE project evolved...
From small little acorns as they say...or in this case from small little blooms...










Of course I had to have my piccie taken to!

My little camera really doesn't do this wonderful display justice...
the textures, different yarns, different patterns and styles...
I just wanted to jump right in as did so many others!

I will bring you more pics in my next post but for now my lovelies I will leave you with this little gem...
I came across this video from a fellow Yarndale visitor and thought you lovelies may like to have a little nosey if you weren't able to visit....
It has given me an idea to pop all of my 200+ pics into my own video for you all to view
so watch this space folks...

in the meantime enjoy this little glimpse of beautiful yarn therapy..




Tilly
x x x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers - they look so amazing!
    I wanted to thank you for a lovely comment you left on my blog a while back - there was no email address to respond to but I finally found you here! I'm going to enjoy reading your lovely posts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillayne
      Thank you for your lovely hello :)
      I look forward to keeping in touch
      Tilly x

      Delete

Thanks for popping by today and leaving a little message
I love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your fabulous snippets that make me smile....

Tilly x